WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer by websites. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the Cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- First party Cookies: Are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party Cookies: Are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the Cookies.
In the event that the Cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own Cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser:
- Session Cookies: Are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent Cookies: The data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the Cookie owner, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of Cookies depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical Cookies: Allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation Cookies: Allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics Cookies: Allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of Cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: Allow advertising space to be managed as efficiently as possible.
- Behavioural advertising Cookies: Store information on the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
DISABLING AND DELETING COOKIES
You have the option of allowing, blocking or deleting the Cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling Cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable Cookies is different for each browser but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which Cookies he/she wants to use on this website.
You have the option of allowing, blocking or deleting the Cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage your browser’s cookie store using tools such as the following:
COOKIES USED ON www.metropolitanhouse.com
The Cookies that are used on this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
Given this information, the following actions are possible:
- Accept Cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close: The notice is hidden on this page.
Change your settings: You can obtain more information on what Cookies are, find out about the Cookies Policy at: www.metropolitanhouse.com and modify your browser settings.