METROPOLITAN HOUSE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
At Metropolitan House, committed to excellence in quality and environmental management, we have adopted a solid and proactive environmental policy. Our approach to environmental management is governed by the UNE EN ISO 14001:2015 standard, reflecting our commitment to leading by example both in our internal operations and in the services that we offer to our clients.
This Environmental Policy reflects Metropolitan House’s commitment to sustainable development, responsible environmental management and compliance with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of the 2030 Agenda, integrating Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY AND THE 2030 AGENDA
Metropolitan House is committed to:
• Comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and standards.
• Implement environmental management practices that meet or exceed the standards established by ISO 14001:2015.
• Integrate environmental considerations into all business decisions and operational processes.
• Actively promote energy efficiency and the reduction of the carbon footprint.
• Align our operations and strategies with the SDGs, seeking to actively contribute to the achievement of these global objectives.
EFFICIENT USE OF RESOURCES AND ESG
We focus on:
• Reduce the consumption of natural resources, including energy and water.
• Promote the reuse and recycling of materials.
• Implement sustainable technologies and processes in all our operations.
• Implement practices that promote the efficient and sustainable use of resources, in line with ESG principles.
• Promote the transition towards renewable energies and the reduction of our carbon footprint, contributing to SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy) and SDG 13 (Climate Action).
Minimize the generation of waste and polluting emissions.
Properly manage waste and subproducts to minimize negative impacts on the environment.
TRAINING, AWARENESS AND SOCIAL PARTICIPATION
Train and raise awareness among our employees about the importance of responsible environmental practices aligned with the SDGs and ESG criteria.
Promote a culture of respect and care for the environment among all collaborators, supporting SDG 4 (Quality Education) and SDG 17 (Partnerships to achieve the Goals).
INNOVATION AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
Continuously seek opportunities to improve our environmental and social performance, contributing to SDG9 (Industry, innovation and Infrastructure)
Innovate in our operations and services to be more efficient and sustainable, contributing to SDG 12 (Responsible Production and Consumption)
COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATION
Work collaboratively with customers, suppliers and the community to promote environmental sustainability.
Transparently communicate our environmental policies, practices and performance to all interested parties.
REVIEW AND UPDATE
This Policy will be reviewed periodically, at least annually, to ensure its relevance and effectiveness, and will be updated as necessary to reflect changes in legislation, technology and the expectations of our stakeholders.
This environmental policy is the cornerstone of our environmental objectives and sets out the principles that must be adopted by all members of our team at Metropolitan House.
We are committed to constantly improving both our environmental performance and our environmental management system. This approach to continuous improvement allows us to not only keep up with the best environmental standards, but also be innovative leaders in sustainability.
With this policy, we reaffirm our commitment to being a company that not only cares about business success, but also about environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY approved on January 10th, 2024
Corporate Social Responsibility
Metropolitan House BCN Residential S.L.